Researches show that a pleasant smile is the most noticeable feature when you meet someone new. You may have other visual matters, but the studies prove that having any minor or major dental issues, especially the visual ones, are the ones that are observed by the others. Being unsatisfied with your smile can easily lead to low self-confidence in the first step, neglecting the other consequences related to your physical health. Fortunately, as the knowledge of humans is increasing every day, you can barely find a person who can’t find a suitable solution for his dental problem. Cosmetic dentistry is an improved field of dentistry becoming extremely popular these days. And those who live in Toronto can get an exceptional range of cosmetic dental treatments at Elmwood Park Dental. With years of experience and expertise, the dental team working at our clinic knows how to provide you with a great smile with healthy, beautiful teeth.
In cosmetic dentistry, cosmetic dentists are concentrated on the appearance of patients’ teeth, mouth, gums, and generally their smiles. They also try to boost your oral situation and treat any other dental problems, even if they aren’t related to your appearance. Although it’s unnecessary, cosmetic treatments can quickly restore your lost self-confidence and smile.
What Can a Cosmetic Dentist Do?
Cosmetic dentists can provide a wide range of treatments for different needs. Here’s are the most popular ones:
- Teeth whitening: this one is considered the most helpful treatment among all other cosmetic dental treatments. Many patients refer to their cosmetic dentist to whiten their teeth stained for many different reasons.
- Dental implants: as dental implants are evolving more and more popular among patients, they refer to cosmetic dentists more than before. Dental implants are excellent replacements with the same function as natural teeth to fill the place of lost teeth.
How about the Education of a Cosmetic Dentist?
Cosmetic dentists have program training, including specific subjects such as orthodontics, cosmetic dentistry, pain management, oral medicine, dental history, etc. Most cosmetic dentists are trained through other dental school programs because cosmetic dentistry isn’t currently known as a specialty by the dental association. Dental students need to educate for four years to get their bachelor’s degree. Then they can start their specialized major as cosmetic dentists. After finishing the specialized program, cosmetic dentists can start to get their medical license if they want to have their own business.
When Should I Visit a Cosmetic Dentist?
There are many different reasons to see a cosmetic dentist, but these are the most important ones:
- You feel your tooth is decayed.
- You experienced severe damage to your face, leading to cracks, chips, etc.
- Your teeth are misshapen or crooked.
- You think your teeth have discolored.
- One or more than one of your teeth are misplaced in an accident while playing sport or because of serious dental trauma.
Remember, all these problems can make the condition harder for you than usual. Also, any cosmetic dental issue can result in more severe dental trauma over time. So don’t forget to visit a cosmetic dentist who is skilled and reliable.