Think you know everything about the importance of oral hygiene during COVID-19? Do you know how to maintain your oral hygiene at home while you are unable to visit your dentist? Understand what are the critical steps to take while you are away from your dentist during 2020 Pandemic.
Your oral hygiene and health habits reflect on your oral health, by caring for your teeth and your gum at home, you will always have a great smile and healthy teeth. These are the five steps that everyone should take at home, which will help you prevent tooth loss, bad breath, gum loss, and tooth decay. Unhealthy teeth can affect your overall health, as research shows, bad oral hygiene might result in heart attack or stroke, some cancers and even developing diabetics. Call our Dental Clinic Toronto for more information.
Follow these steps to maintain your oral health:
- Brushing Twice a Day:Everyone should brush at least twice a day, preferably after every meal, especially after eating sugary food, sweets tent to help cavities to develop and grow. Brushing your teeth after every meal using a fluoride toothpaste helps your teeth enamel to stay strong and cavity free.
- Flossing Daily:Flossing might not be your favorite thing to do; however, flossing is recommended by every dentist, and it’s even as important as brushing your teeth; by flossing correctly, you will clean between your teeth and get rid of any food that may be stuck. Any food fragments that you leave behind can cause tooth decays. You will find an instruction on how to floss properly in the video below.
- Use Mouthwash:Fluoridated mouthwash helps you to prevent cavity. Dentists recommend patients to use mouthwash after brushing, flossing, or eating/drinking sugary food/drinks. The minimum time that you should keep the mouthwash in your mouth is one minute to rinse all the bacterias, contaminates, and tartar buildup.
- A Healthy Diet:Having a healthy diet is one of the most critical factors for excellent oral health; use vegetables more in your diet. It’s even more important to have a healthy lifestyle; Smoking and drinking are the two factors that are proven to contribute to the development oral health issues such as; gum diseases, bone loss, and staining the teeth.
- Visit a Toronto Dentist Near You after COVID-19:Patients should visit their family dentist in Toronto for routine cleaning and examination every six months. Elmwood Park dental is ready to provide all types of dental services such as cleaning, whitening, tooth extraction, implants, crowns, root canals and more. By visiting us regularly, our dentists can detect early signs of tooth decays and cavities or any other dental issues you might have, and treat them before it becomes severe. If tooth decay is left untreated, it keeps on growing and destroying the tooth structure, until it gets to the nerve of the tooth and damages it. At which point, you will experience excruciating pain, and it becomes a dental emergency. If you are experiencing such a pain, you can call our emergency dentist in Toronto.
Watch the video to learn how to take care of your teeth at home and do not forget to visit your dentist every six months.